Family Law & Mediation


Legal Services

Unbundled Legal Services

Matters in Court

I offer what we call "unbundled" legal services*. This means my retainer is limited to what you choose from a variety of services offered by my office. For example, preparing court documents or attending court for one of the steps in the process such as the Settlement Conference. I do not go on record and I do not assist with matters going to Trial. However, if you would prefer to be fully represented in your court matter, I would be pleased to recommend lawyers who offer those services.

When you sign a limited scope retainer, you are responsible for communicating with the other parties and the court. You are responsible for ensuring that you respect all timelines and deadlines. In essence, you are self-represented, responsible for your own file and only call upon my services if and when needed. 

This is helpful for clients who wish to keep legal costs to a minimum and/or affordable. 

*NOTE: I will continue to offer full retainer services in matters of adoption, child representation, fertility and surrogacy. I would be pleased to provide you with a list of lawyers that may be of assistance to you if you require full retainer services in other areas of family law.

Domestic Contracts (Separation Agreement, Cohabitation Agreement, Marriage Contract)

A domestic contract is a written agreement negotiated between both spouses (common law or married) and their legal counsel (if applicable). Depending on the facts of your case and the type of agreement, a domestic contract will set out the terms and conditions relating to parenting, child support, spousal support and property division. I would be pleased to assist you in the process of negotiating, drafting or reviewing a domestic contract. 

Family Law

  • Adoption
  • Child Support
  • Child Welfare
  • Custody and Access
  • Egg Donor Agreement
  • Embryo Donor Agreement
  • Family Responsibility Office (FRO)
  • Fertility and Surrogacy
  • Gestational Carrier (Surrogacy) Agreement
  • Motion to Change Child Support Only
  • Motion to Change Spousal Support Only
  • Separation Agreement
  • Sperm Donor Agreement
  • Spousal Support